GILTHEAD SEA BREAM WITH SCALLIONS AND GINGER
Time: 35 mins
- Make dipping sauce first. Mix all ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven for broiling (480 F, 250 C).
- For the marinade crush pepper corns in mortar and add chili pepper, salt and fish sauce. Crush and mash until well combined.
- Clean fish and pat dry. With a sharp knife cut 2 or 3 into the flesh slightly on the thickest part.
- Smear the marinade onto the fish on both sides and into the cavity. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut scallions first into 1 inch long pieces and then into very fine stripes. Do the same with ginger and chili pepper. Cut garlic into very fine slices.
- Oil a grilling pan with sunflower oil and put fish on it. Put fish into the oven and broil for about 8 minutes on each side.
- Watch carefully and brush from time to time with oil. For broiling you should need about 1 tablespoon of oil.
- While fish is broiling heat the remaining tablespoon oil in samll pan over medium hight heat. Add scallions and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, red chili pepper and sugra and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Take fish out of the oven and serve with scallions and ginger on top of it. Serve the dipping sauce in a seperate small bowl.