For 4 people
- Four 150-200g cod fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2½ cups chopped Swiss chard
- Orange wedges, for serving
- Season each cod fillet on both sides with salt and pepper. Put the flour in a large bowl and stir in the cayenne pepper. Dredge each piece of cod thoroughly in the flour.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cod and pan-fry until browned and fully cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the cod from the pan and drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the onion and orange, and sauté until the onion is tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and Swiss chard, and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Transfer each piece of cod to a plate and divide the onion, orange and Swiss chard mixture evenly among the plates. Garnish with more parsley and orange wedges. Serve immediately.