Recipe: Creamy Garlic Scallops
A silky, creamy garlic sauce with a hint of lemon coats crispy, buttery scallops! With only a handful of ingredients, you’re minutes away from having the most incredible Creamy Garlic Scallops on your dinner table! People will think there’s a hidden chef in your kitchen!
Butter — unsalted is the best option which allows you to better adjust your seasonings.
Garlic — minced or finely diced. Use fresh if you can.
White wine — completely optional! You can use broth (or stock) as a substitute or leave it out all together!
Lemon juice — I only use 1 tablespoon in this recipe as I find it’s just enough in a creamy sauce like this one.
Cream — use heavy cream, thickened cream or evaporated milk.
- Heat an oiled skillet or pan until it’s sizzling. Key step right here. You want them to sizzle and crisp to a golden colour on the outside.
- The first scallop should sizzle as soon as it hits the oil. If it doesn’t, wait and let the pan continue heating before adding any more.
- Use a large pan to avoid over crowding, or cook in batches to make sure they are at least 1-inch apart.
- Sear them without moving them for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in the same pan as the scallops, scraping up any delicious browned bits. This is where the flavour is!
- Add garlic, minced or crushed.
- Pour in a good quality dry white wine, like Sauv Blanc or Pinot Grigio and let reduce to half.
- Add cream.
- Stir in lemon juice off the heat and add the scallops back into the pan to serve.
Serve your creamy garlic scallops with as much sauce as you want!