For 4 people
- 1.4kg of bouchot mussels
- 4 tablespoons (60g) unsalted or salted butter
- 1/2 cup (55g) peeled and finely chopped shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups (750ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (15g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- pinch of salt
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots and garlic are soft and wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and parsley and bring to a boil. Add the mussels to the pot, stirring them a few times, then cover and steam for about 5 minutes until the mussels open, lifting the lid midway during cooking to give them a stir.
- Remove from heat and serve the mussels with French fries and hearty, coarse bread, to soak up the sauce.