For 4 people
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 500g of hake fillets
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crushed or broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- MAKE THE SLAW: In a large bowl, toss the red cabbage, green cabbage, red bell pepper, scallions and radishes to combine. Add the peanut oil, lime juice, lime zest and rice vinegar, and toss well to coat. Add the cilantro and mint; toss to fully combine. Set aside.
- MAKE THE FISH: Season the hake fillets with the taco seasoning, rubbing it in well and coating the entire fillet. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, then add the hake. Cook until fully cooked on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- TO SERVE: Pile about 1 cup slaw onto a plate, then top it with the hake fillet. Garnish with 2 tablespoons tortilla chips, 2 to 3 tablespoons pico de gallo and 2 to 3 tablespoons avocado.