HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS
- Once your scallops are completely thawed, pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to the pan. When hot, add the scallops to the pan. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan so that they can brown and not steam. Cook them in batches if needed. Allow to sear for 60-90 seconds, then flip and sear for another 60-90 seconds. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to low, add the butter, garlic, and lemon juice to the pan. Stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan, 1-2 minutes. Stir in parsley and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and pour over scallops. Serve immediately.