For 4 people
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- zest and juice of lime
THE ASIAN SUMMER SLAW
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 nectarines thinly, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- red or green jalapeños, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Rub the salmon all over with sesame oil. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, sambal oelek, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice. Pour the sauce into the skillet and allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add salmon, skin side up. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 2-3minutes, watching closely until the salmon skin is crisp.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the slaw and toss to combine.
- Serve the salmon topped with the slaw and drizzled with any extra sauce in the pan. Enjoy!