Deep-fried squid rings
Preparation: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
1 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder 6 cups vegetable oil for frying
1 lemon, quartered Salt to taste
12 ounces frozen squid rings, thawed and drained
2 tablespoons cocktail sauce, or to taste
- Stir flour, 2 teaspoons salt, paprika, and black pepper together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press squid rings into the flour mixture until evenly coated, shaking off excess flour.
- Working in batches, fry squid rings in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer cooked squid rings to a paper towel-lined plate; sprinkle with salt. Serve rings with cocktail and lemon wedges.